Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Long Day

I am so tired tonight. It was a long day, but a nice one. I got to spend time with my youngest daughter Diane. That is a rare thing with both of our schedules. We went to lunch and then shopped. I volunteer for everything and realized this is my 20th year doing so. I have no children in school but I still am there volunteering. Well I came up with an idea 4 years ago to do a Silent (Chinese) Auction to raise money for the athlete jackets and scholarships the Varsity Club provides. (I am the only original member left of this organization that I helped start) Anyway, Diane and I looked for super duper bargains and then make baskets for people to bid on. Thank you Kmart. They were having 50% off of their already 70% off clothes. I did great. I got enough to make a little boy and a little girl basket. I added picture prints in frames and stuffed teddy bears. I got golfing stuff that was $15.00 for $1.49 a piece. Mind you I love to shop but even I am surprised at my buys today. Then after dropping Diane off I went to see Timmy, my son bowling. He was trying to qualify for another tournament, unfortunately he came up 83 pins short. So off to another store. Then wow my hubby asked me to go to dinner. That is something that is really rare so I hurried before he could change his mind. Now after designing my friends campaign flyer's for the NJEA office she is running for and after posting this blog I am off to bed. Here is the odd part, it is only midnight. Toodles, and sweet dreams. zzzzz

No comments: