Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Pumpkin Patch"

We had such a good time this morning. My kids participated in a "Pumpkin Patch" for the regular and disabled preschoolers. There were different stations about the area behind the school. Little pumpkins were hidden in hay, scarecrows were being stuffed, toss the pumpkin in the bucket and then my station, wagon rides. The wagons were very sturdy painted cardboard boxes with a jump rope tied to them. A little bit of hay was inside the "wagon" where the preschooler would sit as well as all over the ground. My "older" kids would carefully pull the little ones. Smiles and giggles were everywhere. It wasn't until we were cleaning up that I realized I did something to my ankle. Ah the size of it is just dandy. Well life goes on and nothing stops kids so a little bit of ice and some elevation will just have to do. It was a great day.

No comments: