Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Timothy Carl Dreher



July 10, 1984 was a scarey day. The pains wouldn't stop. My baby came, a month early. For several minutes I didn't even know what I had. Then when I did he was taken so fast I had no idea what was going on. When they wheeled me in to see him there were machines beeping, tubes everywhere, IV bags hanging, and looks on faces that told me to pray. 7 1/2 hours after birth he was on his first ambulance ride. Mind you, I said first. Many came after, be it by an actual ambulance, or mommy pretending to be one. They told me "If he makes it to one year then he should live". My son never sat until he was 1 year and 1 week old. Prayer does huge things. Faith may wander, but don't ever let it leave. Above here he is. Far from the sickly 5 pound 6 ounce boy he was. Now 5 foot 11, 170 pounds and a size 14 shoe! My young man, I am so proud of you my son.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Tim!