Friday, May 4, 2007

A Good Laugh

Ok warning do not drink anything while reading this post.
Picture this, a lunch room full of 110 first graders, 9 of which are mine. Me grabbing and opening juices, opening milks, telling children to sit down, taking cheese off of pizza, cutting pizza, reminding this one and that one to eat, listening to screaming, picking up trash, RIP!!!!
My children that have realized what happened "Oh no, Mrs. Dreher!!!" My darling "Al" our custodian that is behind me has now broken into laughter and collapsed on the bench seat. Me, I have stood pulled my shirt as far down as I could and ever so cleverly slid over to the end of the table.
Mind you my students are SPECIAL. Some have dumped their tray and gone to where they are to sit. Some are with me. My darling "DB" is my protector. The head teacher has now come out of the faculty lounge, looks at me, realizes something is obviously wrong. "DB" whispers into Mrs. K's ear. OH!! Okay now the music teacher that has outside duty, she takes 6, the teacher takes 3. Me I take to carefully walking to the office praying for a needle and thread. My wonderful secretary friends break down in laughter but are angels with the needle and thread. Now where to hide and sew my pants. Ah, preschool is on a walk. I go there. I hide in the bathroom. I am on a little chair 6 inches from the floor sewing the 9 inch tear. The door opens, "SCREAMS"!!
Poor Bev she is definitely more scared than me. She is shaking and me I start laughing and crying. Then she is like Wooo Wooo! I hope you can picture all of this as it was one of the funniest days I have ever had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! What a day!