Sunday, May 6, 2007

Playing In The Yard

It was a nice day today. Windy but not to chilly. A good day to finish the hedges. I am now covered in scratches after working for 8 hours in the yard. I am so sore. I was bound and determined to get this vine ripped out. I don't know what it is, or where it came from and after all that time working I am still not done! I was crazy realizing that the Mulberry tree we cut down in 1984 was still having trees come from the roots a good 20 feet away! So I sawed and sawed. At one point I was sitting on the ground and couldn't get back up. So I crawled until I could grab something that would assist me. (I am old and was barely moving by this point) So in the end, 2 trash cans filled, 7 trees sawed down with "Dawn" muscle, and more to put in trash cans when I have empty ones. (We are not permitted to put out piles of branches) All in all a good day and I felt wonderful looking at my accomplishments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it is so rewarding to look out over your land after you've labored on it. :) I love it!