Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

Mother - 24 years and 11 days ago I became one with a beautiful daughter Kimberly that has gone for and gotten what she wants. 14 and a half months later a son Timothy that just wasn't having any of that "wait one more month" stuff. 18 and a half months later Diane, another daughter that has been an amazing wonder. I am very blessed. My three children have grown into wonderful adults. People say to me, "You've done a good job" I say no, "They have" They are all their own persons. I hope that some of the good things I have said or done along the way are in the back of their heads. I hope that some of the wrong things I have said or done are there also. I want them to know I am not, nor would I ever claim to be perfect, far from it. I want them to remember my mistakes and then not do them. When my mother was dieing and she asked to be disconnected, on an August the 24th, I understood why. Doctors said she would most likely pass that weekend. She did not. Instead she shut her eyes and would not open them again for me. The night before she died she opened them for her best friend, they talked. My mom died at 3 am the next morning, the date - September 13th. Mother's aways teach whether the lesson is good or bad, mine taught me all the way until the end.
My lesson - Patience.
Happy Mother's Day Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good Mother's Day, Aunt Dawn! You have done a great job with your kids! And yes, they now do a great job of being fantastic people.