Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patty's Day and such

It was a wonderful St. Patrick's Day at school. Our class invited another Spec. Ed. class to come enjoy an Irish meal. We had corn beef, cabbage, carrots, green potatoes, and Irish soda bread. The kids ate it up and they really enjoyed it. Everyone got along and it was just a wonderful feeling watching all of them.
**********************************************************************
More blood work today. My last regular testing showed the glucose as 161, other things weren't good either. Doc says that this is a complication he expected. Now a new pill is added to my smorgasbord. Next chemo 4-13, and in two months more regular blood work. Monday I am starting therapy for my shoulder, a bit of a tendon injury, thank you Jersey and my temper.
***********************************************************************
Strange people come out when the weather warms. My eyes are watching, and my camera is charging and ready to snap.
***********************************************************************
Socks! I hate them. I hate wearing them. I hate matching them. When Steve and I were married ages ago all of the socks were the same. They pretty much still are. He would drive me nuts telling me that I didn't match them correctly. Of course I gave him the pile and told him to match them himself. He did. I then used embroidery floss and sewed each toe with matching colors. Can you believe he said they were wrong again! Now the pile is huge! I can fill at least half a large laundry basket with his socks. The only good thing is I only wash them twice a month, if that.
Toodles

No comments: