Sunday, March 8, 2009

Women Are Wonderful

Yesterday was long, as has been for the past two weeks. Camden County has a "Woman's Health Conference" every year for Camden County residents. It is filled with many workshops, vendors, a little breakfast and lunch. I sat and listened to the opening, very proud may I add as Lou Cappelli was speaking. I have known him since he was a young boy and now he is the Director of Freeholders for Camden County. One of the greatest things he mentioned was that the workers were NOT getting paid for the day, a very long one by the way. The workers from Camden County would be getting comp time. What a great idea. While yes we all would love more money, it is so nice to know that there may be a few hours if need be for an emergency or just for your mental health. Wouldn't it be wonderful if other businesses would follow suit. Well the workshops I took were "Herbs 4 You" with a wonderful presenter and I learned a great deal. The second was "Knowing Your Numbers", we all should know these. My third workshop was "Menopause/Hormones Going Crazy". After just recently being told I was perimenopausal, (which I really must disagree with), I was very interested in this one. Questions one would not dare ask were answered. Next year I really hope to see more beautiful women that I know there. It is worth it.

No comments: