Sunday, June 14, 2009

Little White Lies Pay Off - sometimes

Nascar's Pre Race show gave me a reflection of why I like Darryl Waltrip. He pulled a cute trick on his wife as did I on Steve. Waltrip's trick - a pretty girl drove up in her car and he asked her if he could look at her engine, she of course said yes. He did and while doing so pulled her coil wire. When she went to drive away the car of course would not start. He said he'd look at it for her, reconnected the coil wire and it started. They are still together all of these years later.
Me, I asked Steve if he could check my mom's gas tank for a leak as I heard he knew about cars. (I knew it had a leak) So he got a flashlight and I scooted under the car with him. Here we are 31 years later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's sweet!! Was it your anniversary yesterday, or was it just a random sentimental moment? :o)

Dawn's Thoughts said...

No, our 29th anniversary will be in October. I just had a memory after the Nascar interview.