Tuesday, November 28, 2006

90 Year Old Lady

Do your best to help others. That is what we are taught. A 90 year old lady was lost today. We found her at our High School. She had dementia and no idea of where she lived. She was able to remember some names and through a process of great computer skills from our vice principal at the High School and the police we found her family. I went with her to the police station and kept her company as we waited for the daughter. This poor lady was so scared, not of being in the station but of what her daughter and son-in-law were going to do to her. I talked with her about everything from lasagna to Sicily where she was from. We got her food, juice and water. She was doing well until the daughter got there. I will not go into what I witnessed but I will say I totally understand why this lady was scared. I pray that she is okay. The policeman said they will be checking in on things. Remember the rule, respect others.

No comments: